Links open in a new tab.
Using Search It
Just like Google, you can search for items by typing in keywords and clicking Search.
Sorting Your Results
You can sort the results of your search to make it easier to find the items you want. To do this:
Click on the arrow next to Sorted by: and choose the criteria that you want to use for sorting
You can sort your results by relevance, date-newest, popularity, author and title.
Results will be sorted in descending order for the criteria of relevance, date-newest and popularity.
Sorting by author and title will list results alphabetically according to those criteria.
Finding Materials in Search It
1. Begin your search at the basic search box. Type in your search term and click on the search button.
2. Results may be limited to peer-reviewed Journals beside show only at the top of the page.
3. Use the refine my results function to limit your search to articles.
4. If the record displays full text available, click on the title to see an electronic copy of the article.
5. If the entry shows no full-text don't despair. Click on the Get It! button and this function will search our electronic journal subscriptions to see if we own an electronic copy of this article.
6. Once the Get It screen pops up, you may see a link to a electronic journal or a link to check for a print copy in the K-State Libraries Catalog. We'll try to get it for you. This is an option to borrow, or have an article or chapter scanned and saved to pdf, from another library. Print articles will be delivered to one of our libraries and electronic articles to your interlibrary loan account.
Questions? Please contact
Undergraduate Services Librarian
111F Technology Center